Website Quaker Millwork & Lumber, Inc.
Full-service, custom architectural millwork manufacturer that has been supplying the Western New York area for over 30 years.
Quaker Millwork & Lumber has an immediate need for a Shipping and Yard Supervisor.
Quaker Millwork is a full-service custom millwork company that has been supplying the Western New York area for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on catering to the customer in every aspect of the construction project, and the quality of our work has earned us accolades throughout Western New York. The right person for this opportunity will be able to work in a fast-paced work environment managing daily shipping and distribution operations. You will be the one to ensure complete orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner by managing and planning shipping routes and supervising and assisting with loading products on trucks. This position is a working supervisor- meaning you will be required to work alongside the crew at times. You will also be responsible for receiving incoming shipments, and supervising a crew in our stock warehouse as they put away stock material and work with customers to pull and load their purchased material. This is an outdoor position.
A successful shipping manager is analytical, well-organized and excels in communication. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures. The goal is to ensure that the shipping processes are running smoothly and effectively.
Qualified candidates will be able to operate with a high level of integrity and professionalism and thrive in a setting where there is always an opportunity to learn new tasks and skills. Quaker Millwork’s success is a team effort, and the right employee will understand the role their contributions will play in that success. The position offers full-time hours, but the ability to work occasional overtime as needed is strongly preferred.
- Manage all important documents such as shipping paperwork, pick tickets, bills of lading etc.
- Manage/plan shipping routes
- Direct the flow of finished material from preparation to shipment
- Assist in loading/unloading material
- Inspect completed orders
- Supervise and lead subordinates (receiving clerks, order pickers, etc.)
- Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing, and other managers to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance with legal regulations and company policies
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Proven experience as shipping manager
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
The company offers:
- Competitive wages
- Medical insurance
- 401K plan
To apply for this job email your details to Jessie@quakermills.com